Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? !

5 posters

Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? !

Post  kit kat Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? Come on, its not fair, especially on the Adminsistrator, who has set up a wonderful tool for us all here. Some posts have hundreds of views and, at most, only a couple of responses - invariably one of them from the Adminstrator. Surely not all responses/posts need be informational, people can just make an occassional friendly, chatty remark and the resulting banter can be enjoyably rewarding.

Well done Frances Smile

kit kat

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty Re: Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? !

Post  Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't know. I have just joined and noticed that straight away. Perhaps there are just a lot of curtain twitchers in Kenya? They like to observe everyone else and feel they have nothing to contribute. Who knows. Its certainly unusual as most of the forums I am on have a much more active comments ratio.

Is there anybody OUT THERE?? affraid

Ruby

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty Hi

Post  kimberleyjanefernandes Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi

I do hope that I get some replays I stumble across this forum today and read the forum on Having trouble settling into Nairobi, There's a few posts there with the same troubles as me living in Nairobi. Anyway I agree with you and its a shame that more people dont interact here, its a wonderful place to chat and make contact with other, well done to the creators.

kimberleyjanefernandes

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? !

Post  kit kat Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Kimberly and Ruby.

Agreed, it's a bit sad. The Forum could also be signposted better from the Administrator's blog. Perhaps the font on her blog pointing to the Forum was say in red lettering, possibly with a few words to explain the point of the Forum. I did suggest it earlier, but perhaps the Administrator has been out mitumba shopping...

Wink

kit kat

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty Re: Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? !

Post  Tias Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm sure there are many people, like me, who are considering emigrating to Kenya, and are using the forum to gather information. I don't have much to contribute in the discussions, but I'll happily read them Smile

Tias

Back to top Go down

Post  jodytoday Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am

I'll reply! I just found this forum last night and think I could definetly be a contributor. I'm actually in Arusha, Tanzania but I don't see a section for us! Will do my best to contribute anyways!

jodytoday

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? ! Empty no posters

Post  juniper Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 am

Maybe it's because you have to login to post a reply.
Juniper

juniper

Back to top Go down

Post  kitkat Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Good point Juniper. As it happens, you can actually post quite easily here, but when first confronted with having to use a username etc etc, many people would simply drift off.

KK

kitkat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down