Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

visa??

2 posters

Go down

visa??  Empty visa??

Post  nosocks Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Hello all,

[color=indigo]This may sound like a crazy question seeing as I'm supposedly moving to Nairobi in August..... but can anyone shed any light on the options for visas for partners?
I'm moving to Nairobi with my partner who has job there so therefore has a work permit. I do not have a job so initially will be heading out on a tourist visa which I understand I can extend to 6 months.....?!
I'm also pregnant- and so won't be planning on working......

Is there such a thing as a dependants visa/ permit? is it easy to stay with your partner? If we were married is it a different story?!
And worse case scenario... will I be pregnant and back in the UK homeless???[

any info would be greatly appreciated. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

nosocks

nosocks

Back to top Go down

visa??  Empty Visa... Don't worry!

Post  Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm

There is no problem with arriving on a tourists visa and you will probably need to do this anyway, however, My first port of call would be your husband's prospective employer in Nairobi. Ask them. Most offices have their own, or good contacts with, a fix it person who deals with work permits etc on a regular basis. They would be best placed to advise you, show you the forms that need filling, even visit Nyayo House on your behalf to get the proper stamps.

What you need is a dependants pass stamped into your visa - renewable every two years as with the work permit for foreigners. Being married does make things easier I think, but I am sure there are ways around this.

Don't worry - all will be well - you'll love Nairobi too!!! Cool

Admin
Admin

https://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum