Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile phones??

2 posters

Go down

Mobile phones?? Empty Mobile phones??

Post  Boujiebuns Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi there - have enjoyed reading the blogs and thought that you may be able to help with a little advice when it comes to communications...is it better to buy a mobile in Kenya than in the UK?? any hints and tips on internet??
My partner and I are moving to Nairobi mid Jan 2011 and any comments would be welcome
Thanks Smile

Boujiebuns

Back to top Go down

Mobile phones?? Empty mobile phones

Post  jay Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hi, you're in luck with communications at the moment as all the major companies have just finished a major price war and the result is much cheaper calls for all!

Mobile phones here are moderately priced compared to Australia(don't know bout UK), and all the latest models are available. Kenyans love their mobiles and its not uncommon to find people with 3 or 4 tucked into their pockets.

Internet services are not too bad (rapid improvement over the last year), at the moment I use Orange broadband which is connected to the landline but all the major companies offer a USB wireless internet which I found to be slower than the broadband but it depends on what you need it for and where. Also alot of coffee houses here offer free wireless internet which was what I used when I first arrived before deciding on which service provider to go for. Hope this helped alittle and good luck with the move! Smile

jay

Back to top Go down

Mobile phones?? Empty Many thanks

Post  Boujiebuns Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Really appreciate your comments - most helpful!
Claire

Boujiebuns

Back to top Go down

Mobile phones?? Empty Re: Mobile phones??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum