Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2 posters

Go down

Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Empty Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Post  rosborneutah Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Perhaps you can help me.

I’m an American technology executive, considering a move to Kenya, and would be seeking an executive business development or management position with technology firms, especially those that specialize in computing infrastructure, network services, mobile applications and cloud computing, etc.

I’m currently in discussions with one potential employer, but haven’t yet discussed compensation at a detailed level, which brings me to my request for info.

What insights do you have for Americans moving to and living in Nairobi? It would be me and my wife - we're "empty nesters", in our early-mid 50's, active, love the outdoors, adventurous but not reckless, like meeting new people, and enjoy new experiences. We're currently in Saudi Arabia, and considering whether Kenya is a good "next place" for us.

I'm trying to find out what the “typical” compensation packages for executives of technology companies in Kenya. I realize that there are very broad ranges, but am looking for information regarding any of the following:
1. Base salaries (is a range of $150K to 250K USD reasonable or excessive?)
2. Bonus (for business development exec, VP sales, MDs, etc.) of $100K-$150K USD - again, reasonable or excessive?
3. Is accommodation included or a stipend provided, and if so, is it a % or flat rate?
4. Is a car usually provided? Or transportation with car and driver?
5. Do vacation periods range from 6-8 weeks, or is it less?
6. For an expat like myself, is there normally a relocation package?
7. Are annual airfares to point of origin a usual perk?
8. What have I missed?

If you have answers or know of someone who could answer any or all of these, it would be enormously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Robert
rosborneutah
rosborneutah

Back to top Go down

Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Empty Expat Package

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi there - I attempted to reply to your message under the other forum title - let me know if you have difficulty finding my response.

Good luck!

Admin
Admin

https://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Empty Didn't see your reply - where is it?

Post  rosborneutah Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Admin wrote:Hi there - I attempted to reply to your message under the other forum title - let me know if you have difficulty finding my response.

Good luck!
rosborneutah
rosborneutah

Back to top Go down

Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Empty Re: Questions about an executive compensation package - any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down