why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  kit kat on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing? Come on, its not fair, especially on the Adminsistrator, who has set up a wonderful tool for us all here. Some posts have hundreds of views and, at most, only a couple of responses - invariably one of them from the Adminstrator. Surely not all responses/posts need be informational, people can just make an occassional friendly, chatty remark and the resulting banter can be enjoyably rewarding.

Well done Frances Smile

kit kat

Back to top Go down

Thank You!

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 am

I know what you mean! Was hoping for more online chatting but you can only take a horse to water - can't make it drink! scratch

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kit kat on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Can't guess what the answer to my question might be, but I do feel that the signpost to the Forum from your Blog could be made more effective. It's just one word, sort of looks lost, is not in a stand-out colour and little about it suggests it's clickable. Perhaps you need more words:

'Forum: for expats, Kenyans and their friends to chat/ask questions/share info'

- something along those lines, perhaps?

Also, do you reckon it helps to say somewhere very obvious that visitors can post without having to register (I hate that sort of thing) and can also do so under a nickname?

kit kat

Back to top Go down

Apathy

Post  rafkiBob on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello there.... nice site. I think this site is an extension to a similar blogsite run by the same mama. The other site gets more hits invariably since it is story based, while this is relatively new.
I'd say give it time....it takes years to gain the large interactive users. Also having an identity and posts, forums about those issues can create more of a communal feel than just responses to first time visitors and people in trepidation of their first visit to the dark continent.
Finally, maybe letting the regular viewers at the other site know about this could help. I just stumbled here accidenntally.
cheers Laughing

rafkiBob

Back to top Go down

Re: why are so many people reading these posts but not contributing?!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top