Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Nairobi

2 posters

Go down

New to Nairobi Empty New to Nairobi

Post  Beverley Allen Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 pm

My son and daughter-in-law have recently moved to Nairobi from UK via Oman, with their three children. Since my son is working on a new project he is very busy and my daughter-in-law is finding it very lonely. She has never lived in Africa and is finding the cultural differences quite a challenge. We are ex-South Africans now living in the UK and will be visiting in February. I was wondering if you have any events where members of the club invite new expats to meet with established members with a view to either making some new friends and getting help settling into the African Culture.

Any help would be much appreciated as my son has not lived in Africa for over 20 years and has forgotten how things work.

Kind regards

Beverley

Beverley Allen

Back to top Go down

New to Nairobi Empty Re: New to Nairobi

Post  Clarissa Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi Beverley, whereabouts in Nairobi do they live?

Clarissa

Back to top Go down

New to Nairobi Empty Thank you for response

Post  Beverley Allen Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi, they live in Karen next to the Karen Blixen Coffee House

Beverley Allen

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Not far from me! I shall try to work out how to send you a private message with my phone number so that you can pass it on to your daughter in law and we can perhaps meet up for coffee? Are her children school age - if so, where do they go?

Clarissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down