Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amazing locally made furniture in Nairobi on Ngong Road

Go down

amazing locally made furniture in Nairobi on Ngong Road Empty amazing locally made furniture in Nairobi on Ngong Road

Post  madmancunian Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi ladies,
i have bought a lot of lovely locally made furniture and have been lucky most of the time.
What I have found however is that most of the times, whenever we give out a deposit for furniture to be made, it is quickly used up for something else and then your furniture is made well after the deadline has passed.
I suggest buying what you see and like as opposed to giving orders for items to be made as you will almost always lose out.
I'd also like to warn other expats about dealing with a company called vineyard furniture on ngong road nearly opposite the ngong racecourse.
We had given them a deposit to make a dining table and 6 chairs for us. price agreed was 48000/-
we were naive enough to give a deposit of 15000 and that's where all the trouble began.
First came excuses about how getting wood is a problem then after a couple of weeks the wood came in and then the machine to cut the wood had a problem etc..
Finally table and chairs were ready and to our disbelief, some chairs were of different heights and the table legs were also of different thickness.
Elizabeth who runs the place was not willing to fix it and was of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with the table.You might call me silly but I would never look at my guests height and then place them on different chairs so we can all sit down for dinner.Her husband Edward then threatened to report us to the police for not paying the balance and surprisingly did not turn up at the police station when we had arranged to meet and that has been the case for a long time now.No refund and no furniture as well.
Please stay as far away from them as you can if you want to have a peaceful life in Kenya.
I suggest buying what you see and like as opposed to giving orders for items to be made as you will almost always lose out.
There are amazing beds and lots of lovely patio furniture so take a drive and you will not be dissapointed.
Chances are you will pick up really nice furniture at a fraction of the price in Europe so no point lugging stuff from Europe to Kenya.
Malini

madmancunian

Back to top Go down