Running and Contemporary dance classes in Nairobi?

Go down

Running and Contemporary dance classes in Nairobi? Empty Running and Contemporary dance classes in Nairobi?

Post  Mafiti on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Does anyone know of or fancy starting a contemporary dance class in Nairobi? I have done a few years of Graham technique in London and really want to get back into it.....On a more mainstream front do anyone know if there is a women's running club that runs in Karura forest? I would love to run there, but don't fancy it on my own.

Thanks

Mafiti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Running and Contemporary dance classes in Nairobi? Empty Contemporary Dance/Running

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Contemporary Dance
Try contacting the rather poshly named 'Academy of Dance and Art' based in Karen: 0717 839513 - email: dance@academyonline.me - they have instructors from UK and definitely do contemporary dance for adults. Also try the Nairobi Academy of Performing Arts - email: danceinnairobi@yahoo.com (Valley Arcade - Ratna Fitness Centre). You could also try The Kenya National Theatre - 020 555770/020 225174. www.nationalheritage.go.ke - they may have some leads.
Running
Not sure if there is a Women's running group. You could go and ask at the Muthaiga Club if there are any organised runs that take place in that area. I think you are right about not running in Karua Forest alone. Not sure if you are UN/diplomatic staff - but the large UN recreation centre that is located nearbye in Gigiri may also have an informal running group of some sort.
Try googling the Hash House Harriers - Nairobi branch - they organise Monday night runs all over Nairobi.
Also google the Safaricom Lewa marathon - that takes place at the end of June - for a running venue -this beats the lot and it's always a really well organised event.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down