Learning Swahili

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning Swahili

Post  anon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 am

Hi, Just wanted to know how easy it is to find tutor/ group coaching class to learn Swahili, and any idea on related costs?

anon

Back to top Go down

Learning Swahili

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:03 am

Apologies for the late reply to this one, but in response - finding language schools and tutors for learning Swahili is very easy in Nairobi. The cost for a personal tutor to come to your home or office is around 1,000 Kenya shillings per hour. If you form part of a group, it is of course cheaper. One language school name that springs to mind is Hekima - but I'm sure there are thousands.

My husband sneakily arranged for a tutor to come to his work for an hour once a week in order to improve his Swahili. He's really enjoying it, though not so good at keeping up with his homework!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Swahili

Post  Catrin on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:38 pm

I've just had my first lesson at the Language Centre, Ngong Road and was very impressed by the teacher. I had waited for a group of similar level but in the end gave up and opted for private lessons there (c500/hr). Nice centre, carpark, shared tea break and cafe so a chance to meet other students from all over the world. Good luck with it.

Catrin

Back to top Go down

Re: Learning Swahili

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top