Africa Expat Wives Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi

Go down

Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi Empty Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi

Post  beloved Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 am

We're moving to Nairobi in the Fall with our 3 kids and I am wondering about pediatricians that you would reccommend. We lived in Nairobi about 5 years ago when our oldest was a baby and saw Dr. Sydney Nesbitt. Does anyone know if he's still in Nairobi and still practicing?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of a midwife in Nairobi? My last 2 babies were delivered at home by midwives and that is what I would prefer for the next baby. I know that the Aga Khan hospital is nice there and might consider giving birth there, but would want to be attended by a midwife. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks!

beloved

Back to top Go down

Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi Empty Pediatricians and midwives in Nbi.

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am

Hi there,

I'm not sure if Dr Nesbitt is still practising, but I am sure it would be fairly easy to track him down, either at Gertrude's Garden hospital or Nairobi hospital. The Karen surgery (GP practise) could probably help you with this one as they certainly did do referrals to Dr Nesbitt in the past. Their email is receptionist@karensurgery.com - tel +254 20 3883845/6. Karen surgery is normally just open in the mornings.

Alternatively, try Dr Carvello at Aga Khan hospital. She's a great gyne/obstetrician based there and would also have up-to-date info on midwives. I had my 3rd baby at Aga Khan. It was a great experience, though I'm glad I didn't have her at home, as she turned at the last minute so had to be delivered naturally at 1am on a sunday morning, by my obstetrician at the time (Dr Vermer), backwards/breech! All went well though. There were no complications. However, since the whole labour was only 45 mins, I was glad to be in the hospital!

Let me know if you need any more info!

Admin
Admin

https://africaexpatwivesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi Empty midwives

Post  clairel Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Check for Nesbitt's contacts, as well as Karen Surgery. There is also a great Doula called Rene renageibel@gmail.com who does the Lamaze classes too.
Hope this helps. Claire from

clairel

Back to top Go down

Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi Empty Re: Pediatricians and midwives in Nairobi

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down